In The Company of Black, a photo series. Courtesy of current Artist Catalyst Awardee Cecil McDonald
Image courtesy of SSCAC Public Art Manager Dorian Sylvain.
- Create a socially engaged, participatory public art piece to be displayed in a specific neighborhood of the South or West Side of Chicago. Projects connected to the Center’s Bronzeville neighborhood are especially welcome but we will consider all proposals.
- Create and execute a public engagement strategy to include the local community of the South orWest Side of Chicago in the mural’s design as well as the actual production of the mural itself.
- Work closely with the South Side Community Art Center to develop, document, and reflect on the project, its goals and engagement strategies.
- Participate in symposia and learning activities with a national network of socially engaged publicart practitioners through the PACE Capacity Building Initiative.
- Collaborate with the Mural Arts Institute, the South Side Community Art Center and Sherman Cultural Strategies (a PACE Initiative Reflection Partner) on specific reflection assignments and activities.
- The artist fee is $15,000; Production budget is $12,000 (supplies, equipment, assistants, community stipends, space, refreshments, as appropriate for each project)
- January 10, 2022, 5pm CST. Artist Catalyst workshop and information session. To attend please email email@example.com.
- January 21, 2022, by midnight: Deadline for proposal submissions
- Early February 2022: Finalists announced
- April 18, 2022 – April 22, 2022:Week 1 PACE Incubator(Virtual)
- April 25, 2022 – April 30, 2022:Week 2 PACE Incubator(In-Person)
- May 1, 2022 – May 1, 2023: Artist Catalyst Project
- Summer/Fall 2023:Art & Environment Symposium
- Spring 2024: PACE Final Symposium